COVID-19 Delivery and Service | Updated Daily
Delivery and Service Updates - Last updated 08.00 - 29/07/20
We are offering normal service on all products. Some products relating to Safe Distancing such as I/4 and 1/2 Dome mirrors and screen dividers are moving very fast, but replenishment of our stocks normally only takes 1-2 weeks in the event of a flurry of orders.
Parcel and Pallet Delivery customers
All of our Parcel Delivery drivers have been equipped with hand sanitiser, as well as antibacterial wipes to keep their hand held terminals clean.
Measures are in place if customers would prefer not to use the hand held terminals. Parcels will be placed at the door and the courier will step back 2 metres and check your name.
Delivery and Position or Bolt Down Fixing customers
Our installation company will follow the following guidelines in to ensure both safety and to prevent any transmission of COVID-19
- Communication of NHS, Govt & WHO guidelines to all staff via e-mail, memo's, posters - on prevention of the spread of infection;
- Hand sanitiser provided in all vehicles for crews, where hand washing with soap and clean running water is not always available;
- Increased cleaning schedules in depots and vehicles;
- Delivery crews are provided with wipes and encouraged to use them regularly to clean PDA's, phones, screens, handles, steering wheels etc.
- Strict social distancing procedures have been introduced for depot staff and visiting drivers;
- Access is restricted within areas of the depots to encourage social distancing
- Customers are contacted in advance to let them know when their delivery will be. Each customer is spoken to in detail to let them know what to expect from during the delivery, and what is expected of them terms of social distancing requirements.
- If it is felt in any way that social distancing protocols are not being adhered to and the delivery crews may be in an unsafe or unreasonable situation they will be removed from site.
NEW!- COVID19 SAFE DISTANCING AND SANITISATION PRODUCTS
Check out these new safety first products:
- Desk Screens and Dividers
- Workplace Sanitisation Gel Holders and Supplies
- Indoor Safety Surveillance Mirrors
- Safety Barriers
COVID 19 EFFECT ON INTERNATIONAL FREIGHTING
Seafreight services worldwide are getting back to near normal.
Airfreight – As you will have seen many countries are banning passenger movements.
As a result many airlines are reducing flights which is affecting cargo capacity to several areas.
Freighter aircraft are operating to/from most major markets but are heavily booked and
rates are volatile.
European Road – services are running normally. Although many countries are under shutdown
there is no restrictions on commercial traffic movements.