As we are reminded over the Christmas and New Year period of how important it is to keep valuables safe when leaving our houses empty for longer periods of time, we have started to look at our favourite home safes for 2019.
When you go away, rather than storing valuables and important items under the bed, in the wardrobe, in drawers or even in the attack you may want to consider purchasing a home safe.
Home safes come in all different shapes and sizes, so you are sure to find the right one for your home.
Take a look at our favourites below:
1. Best small home safe
The Burg Wachter Combi-Line CL10EFS Security & Fire Safe – from £396.00
The Combi-Line CL10EFS is a small home safe offering an insurance
rating of £40,000 in valuables and £4,000 in cash and is perfect for storing smaller valuables such as jewellery. The safe includes batteries and has an internal shelf for easy storage. In addition to a 6-digit electronic lock, this home safe can also be programmed for up to 10 fingers and is fire safe for up to 30 minutes.
- Tested insurance rating of £4,000 in Cash and £40,000 in Valuables
- Fire Resistant LFS 30P according to EN15659 – 30 minutes fire protection for paper
- Double-walled construction
- One internal shelf
- 6-digit electronic lock
- Fingerprint programming for up to 10 fingers
2. Best luxury home safe
The Phoenix Next LS7002FO Luxury Fire and Security Safe – from £1834.00
The Phoenix Next LS7002FO is a luxury finished safe in a stylish modern Oak. This home safe is recommended to store £3000 cash and £30,000 in valuables. It is fitted with an advanced high-security fingerprint and touch panel lock, with the ability to store up to 128 different fingerprints. For added security, the safe also features tamper lockout, an internal alarm, dual control, hidden code and unlimited scramble code as standard. You can also have peace of mind that it is fire safe for paper and digital media for up to 60 minutes.
- 60 minutes fire protection for paper documents
- 60 minutes fire protection for digital media, DVD’s, USB’s and memory sticks
- Fitted with an advanced high-security fingerprint and touch panel lock for up to 128 different fingerprints.
- Tamper lockout, internal alarm, dual control, hidden code and unlimited scrambled code as standard
- Fire and impact tested from 9.1 metres for resistance to the impact of falling through the burning floors of a building
3. Best home safe for flood protection
Sentry SFW123GTF USB Port Safe – from £432.00 inc. VAT
This home safe is not only great for protecting valuables due to its electronic combination lock and pry-resistant hinge bar, but it also protects items from both fire (1 hour) and water (24 hours). It’s a really versatile safe and is particularly useful for those wishing to store electronic items inside, thanks to its USB charging port.
- External USB 2.0 Bus connection on door to allow hard drives to be connected while inside the safe
- USB cable included
- Paper document fire protection
- Fitted with 3 large 2.5cm (1 inch) bolts for added security
- Pry-resistant hinge bar helps provide protection from forced entry
- Will withstand a 4.5 metre drop
- 1 hour fire protection of CDS, DVDs, Memory sticks and USB drives up to 1700 F
- Water resistant up to 25cm deep for 24 hours
- Secured by a dual digital lock
4. Best low-cost home safe
Burton Primo 2E – from £126.00 inc. VAT
The Burton Primo 2E is a great low-cost electronic security safe ideal suited for home use and for a small office. It is fitted with an electronic digital lock with motorised bolts and anti-tamper or bounce solenoid locking system technology for added security. If bolted securely this safe has an insurance cash rating of £1,000.
- Suggested insurance cash rating is £1000 in Cash
- Suggested insurance valuables rating is £10,000
- Advanced ‘user-friendly’ electronic locking
- High-security anti-tamper or bounce solenoid locking system
- Can be programmed with 3 to 6 digit pin code
- Fitted with a key override facility (1 key supplied)
- Shelf included
5. Best home safe for high-security
Keysecure Victor Eurograde 1 Electronic Safe – from £762.00 inc. VAT
This home safe is super lightweight, weighing only 41kg! Don’t be put off by its weight as it has an insurance cash rating of £10,000 and is approved by both The Association of Insurance Surveyors (AIS) and the Police. The Keysecure Victor Eurograde 1 is fitted with a high-security reprogrammable digital electronic lock and features three-way high-grade steel locking bolts. Plus, the double wall door construction with anti-drill plates offers extra protection for your valuables or cash.
- Small and lightweight
- Recommended insurance rating of £10,000 Cash, £100,000 in valuables
- Fitted with High-Security VdS class 2 Electronic Digital Lock
- Three-way high-grade steel locking bolts
- Double wall door construction (84mm thick) with anti drill plates and re-locker protection for the door
- Double wall body construction (40mm thick)
For more information or to discuss your needs, please don’t hesitate to call our team on 0800 567 7549.