De Raat of the Netherlands offer a wide range of safes for both the home and office use. One of their most popular models is the De Raat Protector LCD Digital Home Cash Safe, which not only can secure small amounts of cash, but is both secure enough to store valuables such as car keys, passports and cameras too.
The De Raat Protector LCD Digital Electronic has a digital keypad with a Liquid Crystal Display for visual assistance when entering a code, showing an ERROR if incorrect number entered, low battery warning and a visual display to show the bolts are withdrawn. It has an advisory insurance cash rating of £2000 and the quality re-programmable digital lock is powered by standard alkaline batteries and includes full installation instructions and bolts in order to secure it via either or both the base or rear face.
- Two 25mm diameter hardened steel locking bolts for security
- 5mm slab plate door with concealed hinges
- Body thickness 3mm steel
- Bolt down kit included to prevent unauthorised removal of the safe
- Can be bolted through both the base and rear wall
- Supplied with standard alkaline batteries
- Advisory Insurance Cash rating of £2000 – subject to Insurer’s agreement
- Dimensions – Ext: 230Hx350Wx250D mm Int:220Wx340Dx180mm
- Weight: 14kg – Volume 13 Litres
- Offers security protection from theft of valuables and cash
- Easy to use digital electronic locking that is re-programmable
- LCD display, lights up when in use and displays your code as it is entered
- LCD display also displays ERROR messages, Low Battery, Bolts withdrawn symbol
- Complete with fixing bolts to prevent unauthorised removal
- Good value – Priced around £100 including VAT and delivery
- Quick delivery in 1-2 working days
- Safe does not offer protection from fire or water damage
- LCD visually displays your code as it is entered – Security risk?
- Only an advisory £2000 cash rating – check acceptance with your insurer
- No official test certificate for insurance purposes
The De Raat Protector LCD Digital is primarily designed for both the Home and for small office use, where there is a need to prevent both opportunistic theft, but not a very physical attack. It is a good quality safe and offers good value for money, which is ideal for securing personal documents such as passports and certificates as well as jewellery and valuables such as cameras and phones.